Apple Sponge (Irish)
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serving Size: 65g
- 700g McDougalls Sponge Mix
- 500g Canned apple, chopped
- 200ml Apple juice
- Place HALF the correct amount of apple juice into a mixing bowl and add the weighed out McDougalls sponge mix.
- Select the whisk attachment and mix on a MEDIUM speed for 2 minutes, until it's a smooth paste.
- Gradually add the remaining apple juice & scrape down
- Mix for a further 2 minutes on MEDIUM speed, to produce a smooth batter.
- Transfer to a greased 25cm x 35cm (10 x 14) tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
Serve as a hot pudding with Bird's custard or serve cold drizzled with McDougalls Toffee Flavour Fudge Topping.