Banana Bran and Raisin Cake
This light and delicious cake provides chefs and caterers with the perfect sweet offering that can be served throughout the day.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 100g All-bran cereal
- 400ml Orange juice
- 675g McDougalls Carrot Cake Mix
- 50ml Oil
- 1 Large banana, peeled and mashed
- 100g Raisins
To Decorate (optional)
- 100g Icing sugar
- 15ml Orange juice
- 25g Poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 4 or 170°C if using a fan oven.
- Soak the cereal in the orange juice for at least 30 minutes until the cereal is very soft.
- Place the Carrot Cake Mix, cereal mix and oil into a bowl fitted with a beater.
- Mix on slow speed for one minute. Scrape down the bowl and add the banana and raisins. Mix for a further four minutes on medium speed.
- Place the mixture into a greased and lined 25cm x 35cm tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin and prepare the icing if using.
- Beat the icing sugar and orange juice together until smooth.
- Once cooled, decorate the Banana Cake with the orange icing and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Replace the orange juice with apple juice and the raisins with grated apple for a variation.