Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 200g Fillet of beef, tail end
- 25g Butter
- 15g Finely Chopped Shallots
- 60g Button Mushrooms, Halved
- 60ml White Wine
- 60ml Double Cream
- 30g Bisto Gravy Granules¬†
- 5g Freshly Squeezed lemon juice
- 1Q Tbsp Chopped flat leaf parsley
- Cut the beef into thin strips
- Melt butter in a pan, Add the beef and cook, turning all the time very quickly. Season, remove from heat. Beef should be browned but pink in the centre. Remove from heat and drain off the butter juices
- Pour the juices back into the pan and add the shallots. Cook gently for a few minutes to soften. Add the mushrooms. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain off the juices and discard this time. Place the shallots back on the stove and add the wine. Reduce by one third.
- Add the cream and reduce by one-quarter, then add the Bisto gravy granules.¬†
- Add the Lemon Juice and Beef strips being careful not to re boil.
- Season and sprinkle with parsley.