- 20g Butter
- 250g Leek - finely sliced
- 15g Bisto Vegetable Bouillon
- 250g Potato - 1cm dice, cooked and refreshed
- 250g Cheddar Cheese - grated
- 1.5kg Puff Pastry
- Eggwash for glazing
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan and sweat off the leeks for approx 2 minutes.
- Add the bouillon and continue cooking for a further minute and place to one side, to cool.
- Combine the cooled leek with the potato and cheese.
- Fill the puff pastry slices to the size you require.
- Glaze with eggwash.
- Bake at 200c for approx 25 minutes, or until fully cooked and golden brown.
Cheese and Onion is the best selling 'non meat' pie and in this pie we've take similar flavours, with the leek and cheddar cheese and added some potato for a little 'body'. This allows it to work great as a hand held snack style product, which is easy to eat, on the move. You can adapt this using a blend of cheeses, various types of onion, or mushroom, in a variety of pastries.