Dysphagia Individual Meat Lasagne – (Descriptor C)
Meat Lasagne made with Homepride Bolognese Sauce, suitable for those suffering with Dysphagia.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hours 10 mins
Homepride Bolognese Sauce
• 15ml Vegetable oil
• 150g Onion, finely diced
• 150g Carrots, grated
• 500g Lean minced beef
• 1kg Homepride Bolognese Sauce
• 500g Batchelors Béchamel Sauce Mix
• 2l Full fat milk
• 125g Breadcrumbs
• 250g Frozen spinach
• 150g Grated Parmesan cheese
• 500ml Full fat milk
• 100g Breadcrumbs
• 100g Batchelors Béchamel Sauce Mix
• 75g Grated Parmesan cheese
Homepride Bolognese Sauce
1. Place the oil in a large pan and add the diced onions and carrots, sauté for three minutes or until soft. Add the minced beef and cook until the meat is browned. Drain any excess fat or water from the pan.
2. Pour over the Homepride Bolognese Sauce, heat and then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the pan and cook for 35-40 minutes on a low heat or until the meat is tender.
3. Place the Bolognese into a food blender and purée until smooth. Check the consistency and add stock as needed to achieve the correct texture and consistency. Pass through a sieve and check against the descriptor, adjust as necessary.
1. In a small pan heat half the milk with the breadcrumbs. Add the rest of the cold milk to the Batchelors Béchamel Mix and whisk to a smooth paste.
2. Add the paste to the hot milk and stir. Bring back to the boil and simmer for two minutes.
3. Add the frozen spinach to the pan. Blend in a food blender and pass through a sieve before adding the cheese. Check the consistency against the descriptor and if necessary, pass through a sieve or blend.
1. Prepare the cheese sauce by heating half the milk with the breadcrumbs. Add the rest of the cold milk to the Batchelors Béchamel Mix and whisk to a smooth paste.
2. Add the paste to the hot milk and stir. Bring back to the boil and simmer for two minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese.
To assemble the individual lasagnes, place two tbsp of the Bolognese into the bottom of each dish and pipe one tbsp of the pasta verde. Repeat the layers and add any remaining Bolognese. Top each lasagne with the cheese sauce and heat in the microwave or steamer until piping hot. Serve immediately.
Descriptor C - Thick puree checks before serving
• Holds its shape on a plate or when scooped
• Can be eaten with a fork because it does not drop through the prongs
• The prongs of a fork make a clear pattern on the surface
• It can be piped, layered or moulded
• Cannot be poured. Does not ‘spread out’ if spilled