Lemon Ice Cream Cake
For a delicious summer dessert layer Bird’s Ice Cream with sponge and lemon curd.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 500g McDougalls Sponge Mix
- 250ml Water
- 3 x 15ml tbs Lemon curd
- 200ml Cold water
- 100g Bird's Ice Cream Mix
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375f/Gas Mark 5 or 170C/325f if using a fan oven.
- Place the McDougalls Sponge Mix into a bowl fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Blend in the water on slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down and whisk for a further 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour the batter into a greased and lined 25cm x 35cm (10” x 14”) tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to touch. Cool.
- Meanwhile, pour the cold water into a bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add the Bird's Ice Cream Mix and whisk on slow speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down and whisk on high speed for a further 5 minutes until light, thick and creamy. Spoon into a piping bag.
- Spread the cooled Sponge with Lemon Curd and cut in half vertically.
- Pipe half of the Ice Cream onto one Sponge and place the other Sponge on top decorate with the remaining Ice Cream.
- Place the Lemon Ice Cream Cake into the freezer for at least 3 hours or ideally overnight until frozen.
- Portion into slices and serve.
Make Chocolate Ice Cream Cake with Chocolate Sponge and add cocoa powder to the Ice Cream Mix to make Chocolate Ice Cream.