Lemon & Poppy Seed Easter Muffins
Lemon and poppy seed muffins using McDougalls luxury plain multi-use muffin and cake mix, filled with a lemon curd cream.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Serves: 9 muffins
Serving Size: 120g
- 500g McDougalls plain multi-use muffin mix
- 180g whole egg
- 150g oil
- 70g water
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 10g of poppy seeds
- 90g double cream
- 90g Lemon curd
- 27 mini chocolate eggs for decoration
- Place the McDougall’s Plain Multi-Use Muffin & Cake Mix into a mixing bowl. Select the whisk attachment.
- Add oil, water and egg on slow speed over 1 minute; scrape down. Mix for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Finally mix on slow for 1 minute on medium speed, whilst adding the poppy seeds, zest and lemon juice.
- Scale off at 100g into muffin cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 185°C for approx 30 - 35 minutes. (Oven temperatures are for guidelines only as appliances may vary).
- Whisk the double cream until stiff and fold in the lemon curd.
- Once the muffins are cool, cut a cross in the top and pipe in a small ammount of the cream mix.
- Top each muffin with 3 mini chocolate eggs.