- 545g McDougalls luxury plain & multi use cake and muffin mix
- 193g whole egg
- 161g oil
- 107g water
- 20g black treacle
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 50g of glace cherries
- 75g sultanas
- 100g currants
- 50g of sliced almonds
- Place the McDougall’s Plain Multi-Use Muffin & Cake Mix, spices and treacle into a mixing bowl. Select the whisk attachment.
- Add oil, water and egg in a single liquid addition on slow speed over 1 minute; scrape down. Mix for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Finally mix for 1 minute on medium speed, whilst adding the fruit.
- Scale off in a round 9” cake tin, ideally lined with greaseproof paper.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top of the cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 50 - 60 minutes minutes, or until a skewer comes cleanly from the batter. (Oven temperatures are for guidelines only as appliances may vary).