McDougalls Luxury Lemon and poppy seed muffins
Lemon and poppy seed muffins using McDougalls luxury plain multi-use muffin and cake mix
Prep Time: —
Cooking Time: —
Serves: 8 muffins
Serving Size: 110g
- 500g Plain multi-use mix
- 180g whole egg
- 150g oil
- 70g water
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of poppy seeds
- 50g of icing sugar
- Place the McDougall’s Plain Multi-Use Muffin & Cake Mix into a mixing bowl. Select the whisk attachment.
- Add oil, water and egg on slow speed over 1 minute; scrape down. Mix for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Finally mix on slow for 1 minute on medium speed, whilst adding the poppy seeds, zest and lemon juice (keep a few drops back for the icing).
- Scale off as desired, 85g (3oz) or 120g (4 oz) into muffin cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 185°C/360°F/Gas Mark 4.5 for 25-30 minutes. (Oven temperatures are for guidelines only as appliances may vary).
- Mix the icing sugar with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Once cooled; top with lemon icing