700g McDougalls Plain Sponge Mix
300ml Apple juice
300g Tinned peaches, sliced and drained
1. Grease a 25cm x 35cm tin. Arrange the peach slices and raspberries in the bottom of the tin.
2. Place the McDougalls Plain Sponge Mix in a bowl fitted with a whisk. Blend with the apple juice on low speed for one minute. Scrape down, then mix for a further four minutes on medium speed.
3. Transfer the sponge into the tin placing gently over the fruit so it remains on the bottom.
4. Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 25-30 minutes or until well risen.
5. Leave to cool then turn out so peaches and raspberries are on show on top of the sponge.
This recipe will work with various types of fruit – keep it seasonal or go for a classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake. You could also try using McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix instead