McDougalls Savoury Muffins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
450g McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
500ml Warm water
150g Red Onion, chopped
150g Mushrooms, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Flour for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
2. Fry the onions and mushrooms in the oil until soft, do not allow to brown. Allow to cool.
3. Put the McDougalls Soft Bap Mix into a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the water and mix on slow speed for one minute, then increase the speed to medium and knead for a further six minutes.
4. Mix in the onions and mushrooms.
5. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Using an 8 centimetre cutter, cut out 24 equal pieces. Place on a greased baking tray and dust with flour.
6. Leave to prove in a warm place until doubled in size.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool. Cut each muffin horizontally and enjoy.
Why not try serving with egg or bacon for a great breakfast or morning break snack