This recipe will make 2 logs
- 20 rashers rindless streaky bacon
- 1800g British turkey breasts
- 200g Sausage meat
- 200g Paxo sage & onion stuffing (ready made with 1/3 of the water removed)
- 100g Mozzarella,torn
- Small bunch fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- Honey for glazing
- Bisto Turkey Gravy Granules (for gravy recipe at the end of the method)
- Port (optional for the gravy)
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Lay a large piece of foil on your worktop and lightly brush with olive oil. Arrange the bacon side by side (overlapping slightly) along the foil
- Hit each turkey escalope between two pieces of clingfilm with a rolling pin to flatten slightly, then arrange down the centre of the bacon, each piece 'butting' up to the other
- Tear the Mozzerella and place in a line, down the centre of the turkey
- Mix the sausage meat and stuffing and spread down the centre of the turkey
- Pull one side of the bacon over the other and roll up tightly like a Swiss roll. Wrap tightly in the foil and twist the ends of the foil to seal completely
- Place on a baking tray and cook for approx 45 mins. Remove foil
- Brush the honey over the bacon
- Return the meat to the oven at 200c for 15 minutes until the bacon is crisp and golden
- Reserve the meat juices/stock for the gravy.
- Allow to rest, then slice and serve.
For the gravy
- Place the meat juices in a pan, add a little port and water and bring to the boil, sprinkle in the Bisto Turkey Gravy Granules until thickened and serve.
You can also wrap the turkey in either Parma Ham or Pancetta; this will give you a crispier casing, that will carve easier but it will also cost a little more.