Moo Shu Pork
This is a sharing dish consisting of little parcels of sliced pork with vegetables, bound in Sharwood’s Chow Mein & Chinese Mushroom Sauce and served on ‘lettuce scoops’. This could also form part of a wider sharing platter for a main course.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 15ml Rice vinegar
- 1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
- 400g Pork tenderloin (trimmed and cut into thin strips)
- 20ml Vegetable oil
- 100g Shitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 200ml Sharwood's Chow Mein & Chinese Mushroom sauce
- 100g Mixed white and red cabbage (shredded)
- 50g Carrot (grated)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 10 Lettuce leaf cups
- 4 Spring onions (finely sliced)
- 1 Little gem lettuce
1. In a large bowl, add the rice vinegar, garlic and pork to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat. Stir-fry the port until browned, add the mushrooms and stir-fry until slightly golden.
3. Add the Sharwood's Chow Mein & Chinese Mushroom Sauce to heat through.
4. In a separate pan, add the rest of the oil and cook the cabbage, onion and carrot until wilted.
5. To assemble, place 10 lettuce cups on a plate, add a spoon of the pork and then top with the wilted vegetable mix and sliced spring onions.
You can also try this dish using either Sharwood's Sweet & Sour Sauce or Sharwood's Lemon & Ginger Sauce, for more variety during Chinese New Year