- 500g McDougalls Multi Use Plain Muffin & Cake Mix
- 180g whole egg
- 100g sunflower oil
- 150g water (half hot, half cold)
- 10g Instant Coffee Powder
- Icing sugar and cocoa (sieved) for dusting
- Fully dissolve the coffee in the hot water and then add the cold water.
- Place the oil, water/coffee and egg into a mixing bowl.
- Add the McDougall’s Plain Multi-Use Muffin & Cake Mix and select the whisk attachment.
- Mix on a slow speed for 1 minute; scrape down. Mix for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Scale off at 94g into muffin cases (in a muffin tin)
- Bake in a preheated commercial fan oven at 175°C, fan speed on low (Oven temperatures are for guidelines only as appliances may vary), for 35 minutes (or until fully baked)
- Remove the muffins from the tins, whilst still hot and place on a wire rack
- When cool, dust with a little icing sugar/cocoa mix
Tastes great with a strong freshly ground coffee.