Skinny Orange & Chocolate Muffin
A lighter version on a traditional muffin, which replaces a percentage of the oil with water and includes fresh orange.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Serving Size: 100g
- 500g McDougalls Multi Use Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix
- 180g whole egg
- 100g sunflower oil
- 180g water
- 1 Orange (zested and segmented)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Place the oil, water, egg and orange zest into a mixing bowl.
- Add the McDougall’s Chocolate Multi-Use Muffin & Cake Mix and select the whisk attachment.
- Mix on a slow speed for 1 minute; scrape down. Mix for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Scale off at 96g into muffin cases.
- Place one orange segment on top of each muffin. Bake in a preheated commercial fan oven at 175°C, fan speed on low (Oven temperatures are for guidelines only as appliances may vary), for 35 minutes (or until fully baked).
- Remove the muffins from the tins, whilst still hot and place on a wire rack.
- When cool, dust with a little icing sugar and serve