- 300g Prepared McDougalls Plain Sponge Mix
- 200ml Ambrosia Ready to Serve custard
- 125g Birds Strawberry Angel Delight mix
- 400ml Full fat milk
- 200ml Strawberry puree – strained, so no seeds
- 5g Vegi gel
- Place the sponge into a food processor and blend to a fine crumb. Add the custard to make a thick batter like mix. Check the constancy against the check list and use more custard if needed.
- Then pipe the mixture out onto silicon trays or parchment to make the shape of sponge fingers.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- Line the sides of your tin with a layer of the prepared sponge fingers.
- Place the milk into a mixing bowl. Add the Angel Delight mix and whisk slowly for 1 minute then high for 2 minutes.
- Fill the centre of the cake with the Angel Delight. Smooth the top, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and chill for about one hour so the cream has time to set.
- Heat the remaining 200g of strawberry puree to just below boiling. Add the vegi gel, simmer for two minutes whilst whisking. Leave to cool slightly then pour over the top of the Angel delight to form the top.
- Place back in the fridge. Serve chilled.
Descriptor C - Thick puree checks must be observed before serving
• Holds its shape on a plate or when scooped
• Can be eaten with a fork because it does not drop through the prongs
• The prongs of a fork make a clear pattern on the surface
• It can be piped, layered or moulded
• Cannot be poured. Does not ‘spread out’ if spilled