Toffee Apple Crumble Ice Cream
Bird’s Ice Cream made with apple juice and a crunchy crumble topping.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 125g McDougalls Flapjack Mix
- 100ml Apple juice
- 100ml Cold water
- 50g Bird's Ice Cream Mix
- 50g Butterscotch Angel Delight
- 50g Canned apples pureed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 or 170C/325Fif using a fan oven.
- Sprinke the McDougalls Flapjack Mix onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly crisp and golden. Cool
- Place the apple juice and water into a bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add the Bird's Ice Cream Mix and the Butterscotch Angel Delight. Whisk on slow speed for 30 seconds, scrape down and whisk on high speed for 5 minutes until light, thick and creamy. Whisk in the pureed apple.
- Spoon the Ice Cream mixture into a shallow 24cm x 24cm tin and sprinkle with the Flapjack. Freeze for at least 3 hours until frozen.
Do not use Apple Juice that contains ascorbic acid as it will affect the volume